More Group Sites
Education Books
Developer Forum
Jobless Net
Better Home
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Friday, 15 July 2016 9:13:52 PM(UTC)

Rank: Administration


Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor
Joined: 2/11/2008(UTC)
Posts: 906

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Tertiary / higher education providers that offer CSP or HELP In Australia, tertiary education or higher education are provided by public and private universities, private higher education providers, public TAFE (Technical And Further Education) and private Vocational Education and Traning (VET) providers. The latter two focus on VET. Public universities are funded predominantly by the federal government but they are predominantly owned by the state or territory governments. TAFE Institutes or colleges are owned, operated and financed by the various state or territory governments. To access Commonwealth assistance (either a Commonwealth supported place CSP or a HELP [HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP or VET FEE-HELP] loan), students must be enrolled with an eligible Australian education provider. Eligible providers are categorised as universities, approved private higher education providers, Open Universities Australia (OUA) or an approved Vocational Education and Training (VET) provider. Providers that offer Commonwealth assistance CSP or HELP Universities, Approved private higher education providers, and Open Universities Australia (OUA) Universities and CSP, HECS-HELP or FEE-HELP In Australia, there are public and private universities. These universities are self‑accrediting institutions. This means that they are responsible for determining the curriculum and content for the courses they offer. Most domestic students undertaking a bachelor degree at a public university are enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) and pay 'student contributions' rather than tuition fees. Private universities mainly offer fee paying places and must be approved by the Australian Government to offer Commonwealth supported places in 'national priority' areas. Eligible students studying in a CSP may be able to study now and pay later by using a HECS‑HELP loan to pay their student contributions. Eligible fee paying students can also study now and pay later by using a FEE‑HELP loan to pay their tuition fees. Open Universities Australia and FEE-HELP(OUA) OUA provides distance education to tertiary students. OUA is owned and operated by a consortium of Australian universities and offers tertiary students a chance to undertake higher education study regardless of their ATAR, previous education, age or location. FEE‑HELP loans are available to eligible students for both undergraduate and postgraduate units of study undertaken through OUA. Approved private higher education providers that offer FEE-HELP These are generally privately funded, non‑university higher education providers which offer a range of fee paying courses leading to a higher education award course (generally at the bachelor degree level and above). These private higher education providers have been approved by the Australian Government to offer FEE‑HELP loans to eligible students. Only a few of these providers have been approved by the Australian Government to offer Commonwealth supported places in 'national priority' areas. For example, Australian Institute of Business (AIB) Approved VET providers that offer VET FEE‑HELP loans Registered Training Organisations (RTO) that have been approved by the Australian Government to offer VET FEE‑HELP loans to eligible students undertaking higher‑level VET qualifications (diploma, advanced diploma, graduate certificate and graduate diploma courses). See also Australian Qualifications Framework. Related: When do you find out if you are eligible for University Scholarships? University search, course search and postgraduate research VET courses, Government Supported Courses Undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships PAYING FOR YOUR COURSE YOUTH ALLOWANCE & OTHER ALLOWANCES Loan Repayment Paying Back My Loan

Edited by user Sunday, 17 July 2016 8:04:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.