More Group Sites
Education Books
School Rankings
Jobless Net
Better Home
Enviro++
更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
hong  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 7 June 2016 9:16:30 PM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

VS 2013 setup project .vdproj error with .NET framework download prerequisite

The error:
To enable 'Download prerequisites from the same location as my application' in the Prerequisites dialog box, you must download file 'DotNetFX40\dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe' for item 'Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (x86 and x64)' to your local machine. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=239883.

This error means you choose the option 2 "Download prerequisite from the same location as my application" but you didn't put the prerequisite in Bootstrapper packages folder.
1. Download prerequisite from the component vendor's website.
2. Download prerequisite from the same location as my application
3. Download prerequisite from the following location

The path of Bootstrapper packages: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Like v7.0A, v7.1A, v8.0, v8.0A, v8.1, v8.1A
Series 8 used for the .net VS2013 while series 7 used for VS 2010
so VS 2013's bootstrapper packages at : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages

If you are preparing a setup project in VS 2013 and want to download prerequisites with
Download prerequisite from the same location as my application or
Download prerequisite from the following location
than the setup project searches for the bootstrapper file in side that folder.

i.e :
.NET framework 4.5 as a prerequisite, setup project find the .NET framework 4.5 exe file inside the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFX45".
.NET framework 4.0 as a prerequisite, setup project find the dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe file inside the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\DotNetFX40".

So for VS 2013 setup projects just copy the corresponding exe file from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.1A\Bootstrapper\Packages\".

Edited by user Tuesday, 7 June 2016 9:20:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed