More Group Sites
Education Books

School Rankings

Developer Forum

Jobless Net

Enviro++

更好教育论坛
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
hong  
#1 Posted : Friday, 30 April 2010 12:10:33 PM(UTC)
hong

Groups: AcademicCoachingSchool, admin, Administration, BookSeller, CatholicSchool, CoachingAdult, CoachingProfessional, CoachingSports, ExtraCurriculumCoaching, IndependentSchool, Moderator, MusicTeacher, PrivateSchool, PublicSchool, SelectiveSchool, tutor

I used granite tiles for driveway and footpaths for my house. I'm trying to choose the best sealer for less maintenance. I've talked to Miteq (the manufacturer) and a Dry-Treat supplier. Both recommended penetrating sealers (Miteq Sealer 102 or 103 or Dry-Treat STAIN-PROOF) for outdoor granite pavers. This bit is easy as I'm not keen to use colour enhancer. The amount of sealer required is almost the same for both products, 20 liters for 100 square meters.

Dry-Treat STAIN-PROOF is dearer, but it offers 15 years warranty if you use their certified installers (either the manufacturer or one of their accredited applicators) and following their maintenance system. It seems that with Dry-Treat STAIN-PROOF you don't need to re-seal it within 15 years. I love it if this is true. However, the maintenance system seems too much for me.

Miteq product can offer up to 5 years warranty with fewer conditions (DIY is ok). The warranty works if you re seal the surface on regular basis, in my case, between 24 and 36 months. In other words, if you seal it once, and you have issues in 4 years time, the manufacturers will not cover you.

Dry-Treat claims that their product are many times better than other competitor's products. But Miteq said their product is same as Dry-Treat STAIN-PROOF. Do you think both statements are true? Maybe Miteq is not in the list of "other competitor's products" of Dry-Treat.

Some more information from Miteq:
Their colour enhancer or penetrating sealer should be good for at least 3 years (if done properly). They are available in 1 lit. 4lit. 10 lit. And 20 lit. If you are applying the sealant yourself, you will need to do 2 coats on a clean and dry surface. First coat you do in a vertical direction (one direction) once it is dry, you do the second coat in a horizontal direction, this way you will be 100% sure the whole surface has been covered.

Always do a test area in an not-noticeable area first.

Please note that these types of sealers (no matter who's) won't stop the tyre marks, only make them easier to remove as the stain will be held higher to the surface.

I haven't been to able to make a decision about which one to choose. Anyone can help?

No matter which seal I'll use, I need to do maintenance. I need to clean the surface of the pavers regularly and on demand. I think a high pressure water jet and a water tank are necessary.

Edited by user Friday, 30 April 2010 1:39:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
elitecoatings  
#2 Posted : Saturday, 29 May 2010 12:54:51 PM(UTC)
elitecoatings

Groups: Member

Elite Coatings have a Penetrating Sealer with Stain Protection that is easy to use and very economical compared to the products you have mentioned. Also, this product was used on the M5 motorway in Sydney on a sandstone wall area covering an area of around 500sq.m. 

Edited by moderator Sunday, 27 August 2017 5:05:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: http://bettereducation.com.au/ForumRules.aspx

Elizabeeth  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, 23 August 2017 6:48:57 AM(UTC)
Elizabeeth

Groups: Member

Garden and patio furniture protects are usually as necessary as the particular patio and garden furniture itself. The item of furniture, or else used proper care accurately, get impaired so damaging the particular leeway associated with patio. Shielding the piece of furniture from airborne debris in addition to a myriad of climatic alterations, most of these protects be sure the endurance associated with terrace furniture.

Edited by moderator Sunday, 27 August 2017 5:06:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: http://bettereducation.com.au/ForumRules.aspx

Rss Feed  Atom Feed