How to Teach Using Simulation in Healthcare provides an ideal introduction and easy-to-use guide to simulation in medical education. Written by a team of experienced medical educators, this practical text – packed full of case examples and tips – is underpinned by the theory of simulation in education, and explores how to integrate simulation into teaching.
Key topics include:
- Use of low, medium and high fidelity equipment
- Issues of simulation mapping and scenario design
- Role of human factors
- Formative and summative assessment
- New social media and technologies
- Detailed explorations of some examples of simulation.
How to Teach Using Simulation in Healthcare is invaluable reading for all healthcare professionals interested and involved in the origins, theoretical underpinnings, and design implications of the use of simulation in medical education.