The New Curriculum Edition of the Targeting Handwr iting QLD Prep Student Book introduces Prep students to the Queensland B eginner’s Alphabet using simple, flowing, natural hand movements, including gently sloped straight lines, anti-clockwise and clockwise rot ations.
The letters are grouped accordi ng to these movement patterns, with more complex movements introduced la ter in the book, allowing students to build on their knowledge. p>
- Instruction an d activities that are simple and repetitive, allowing concentrations on the writing task.
- Each letter is clearly represented on the top left-hand side of the double page.
- Capital and lower-case letters are paired together on the top right-hand side a s a tracking activity.
- Starting points all clearly ma rked.
- Track and trace activities explore the shape an d formation of each letter, encouraging fluency of movement.
- Practice lines for each letter.
- Writing of numerals 1 – 10 is included at the back of the book.