AMC / Olympiad Practice Questions & Past Papers
We've noticed you are using an ad blocker. Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please whitelist us or disable your ad blocker.
- Click on AdBlock on browser toolbar and then gear icon / Settings. Select Customize > Stop blocking ads, in other words, AdBlock > Settings > Customize > Stop blocking ads.
- Expand Show ads on a webpage or domain. Enter https://bettereducation.com.au or https://www.bettereducation.com.au. Press OK.
- Go back to the previous page and reload it or visit home page.
Thank you for supporting us.
Practice Problems and Solutions
The Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) practice papers provide an ideal opportunity for schools, students and parents to
develop familiarity with the style of the problems and gain valuable experience answering real questions.
With a subscription
(recurring or one-month one off), you can request 3 or more past papers or practice questions for individual use only,
depending on your subscription.
Download PROGRAM EXCERPTS Maths Enrichment
The module is designed for advanced students in years 4–10 and can be conducted over 12–16 weeks between April and September.
This allows for flexibility in your schedule to cater for all students.
Past Papers and Solutions
Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad AIMO is a four-hour contest which is designed to stretch talented students. It is suited to years 7 to 10 level.
AMC Background Info
The Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) is a mathematics competition run by the Australian Maths Trust for students from year 3 up to year 12 in Australia,
and their equivalent grades in other countries, since 1978.
- Middle Primary (Years 3–4)
- Upper Primary (Years 5–6)
- Junior (Years 7– 8)
- Intermediate (Years 9–10)
- Senior (Years 11–12)
It's the world's largest mathematics competition based on the participation numbers.
The AMC is available both online and as a paper-based competition and is held in late July.
- Australian entries close: about 2 weeks prior (paper), about 1 week prior (online)
- International entries close: about 5 weeks prior (paper), about 1 week prior (online)
AMC is scored in the following way for all year divisions:
- Questions 1-10, 3 marks each
- Questions 11-20, 4 marks each
- Questions 21-25, 5 marks each
- Questions 26-30 are worth 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 marks respectively.
Maximum score is 135 points. There is no penalty for incorrect responses.
Online Test Prep
Practice and compete online -
2019 AMC Practice Problems – All levels (years 3-12) practice questions and solutions.
Practice online via Sandpit
Aim for top results? Find a tutor, a music teacher or a
ICAS Sample Questions |
Past Test Papers