Visitors: over 27 million
Page views: over 118 million
Happiness is where learning begins. Children's early learning influences their
entire life. Preschools/Kindergartens provide oportunities for children aged between 3 and 5
to learn as they discover, create and imagine. Preschools/Kindergartens
cater for the educational needs for children aged between 3 and 5 years of age.
Enter a suburb name or postcode to search a
preschool/kindergarten/child care centre in Queensland.
1. There are other types of preschools such as early entry or preschool classes operated by independent or catholic schools.
The difference betweem government, non-government and community-based preschools is: they are funded and managed differently.
2. A range of additional early education and care services are also provided:
3. Some families using preschools are eligible for fee support through funding the preschool receives from the State Government.
Additionally, preschool is classified as Registered Care and families are able to claim a small rebate,
via the Commonwealth Government’s Family Assistance Office. Families using services other than preschools
are eligible for fee assistance from the Commonwealth Government through the Child Care Benefit system and the Child Care Tax Rebate.
Claim your Child Care Subsidy 政府托儿所补贴政策详情（CCS).
4. Long day care centres (also known as childcare centres) also offer preschool education programs for children from birth–to–5 year olds.
Long day care centres generally open for at least eight hours per day and run for 48 weeks a year.
To find a long day care centre in your area, go to www.mychild.gov.au.
5. The national registers contain information about approved child care services, providers and certified supervisors. Check
Mational Registers 托儿所评估机构官网（含每家托儿所的评分).
6. Before enrolling your child you will need to place their name on the waiting list at the preschool.
The success of your application depends on the places available at the time.
Government preschools and kindergartens are guided by the education department's preschool enrolment guidelines and policy.
Private kindergartens have their own policies.